What are we looking for?
51Talk is looking for experienced teachers who have a four-year Bachelor’s degree who love working with Chinese students. All of our teachers make learning fun, and bring excitement and energy to every lesson in our digital classrooms!
What are the basic requirements?
1. A four-year Bachelor’s degree
2. year teaching experience (preferably teaching young learners, K-12 students)
Native speaker of English with neutral accent
3. Experience teaching English to foreigners (ESL/EFL) A teaching certificate, including state teaching certifications, TESOL, TEFL, etc. (preferred)
4. A valid diploma or proof of graduation, police clearance, and 1 government-issued ID
5. Legally eligible to work in the US or Canada, Australia and New Zealand Schedule
6. Availability to teach during peak hours (each lesson lasts 25 minutes):
7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. Beijing Time (weekdays: Mondays to Fridays)
9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. Beijing Time (weekends: Saturdays to Sundays)
What do I need to get started?
All 51Talk classes are conducted as live, online, one-on-one lessons. We provide the curriculum, and you’re responsible for the equipment:
1. Device: Desktop or laptop
2. Headset with microphone and noise-cancelling features (as used in call centers)
3. High-definition (HD) external or integrated webcam
Minimum System Requirements of laptop or desktop
1. Operating System: Windows 8 or above or Mac
2. CPU: Intel Core i3 6th gen and above / i5 to i7 4th gen and up / AMD A Series A8 7500 and above / AMD Ryzen
3. Memory: At least 4GB of RAM (recommended 8GB) with a minimum of 100GB free hard disk space available
4. Network: Wired DSL Internet connection (USB sticks, signal-based & wireless connections are not allowed)
A quiet, clutter-free, and well-lit space in your home with plain white background