• Implements instructional activities that contribute to a climate where
students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences.
• Identifies, selects, and modifies instructional resources to meet the
needs of the students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special
• Assists in assessing changing curricular needs and offers plans for
improvement and material making.
• Maintains effective and efficient record keeping procedures.
• Sets up & provides a positive environment in which students are encouraged
to be actively engaged in the learning process.
• Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing, with students,
parents, and other professionals on a regular basis.
• Collaborates with peers to enhance the instructional environment.
• Models professional and ethical standards when dealing with students, parents,
peers, and community.
• Ensures that student growth and achievement is continuous and
appropriate for age group, subject area, and/or program classification.
• Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with
students, parents, and schools, as measured by school survey results.
• Assumes responsibility for meeting his/her course and school-wide
student performance goals.
• Demonstrates gains in student performance.
• Participates in scheduled training related to Montessori, virtues, and other
• Meets professional obligations through efficient work habits such as:
meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by their
• All work responsibilities are subject to having performance goals and/or
targets established as part of the annual performance planning process or as
the result of organizational planning.